Wednesday, December 28, 2011

curiosity

Ilham is 2 years and 8 months old now. She asked a LOT of questions every second everyday repeatedly. Most of the time, I try my best to explain and answer every single question she asked. But sometimes I get annoyed and bored too especially during critical times such as when I'm racing with time to finish bundles of assignments, when I'm struggling with my revision for exams, when I'm emotionally not stable (well, I'm normal human being. I got problems too)..

CALM DOWN MUMMY

When I'm annoyed, I try to control my temper by stop whatever I did at that moment, sit down, take a deep breath and ponder about this:

"We learn language by memorizing. We memorize the word, how it's pronounced and what does it mean. For a little girl who is in the phase of vocabulary building, she needs to hear it repeatedly so that she will memorize. That's why kids ask a lot of questions and repeatedly. So, be patient mom. You were just the same when you were at that age. After all, you are the one who will be happy to hear your kid says something correctly, know how to respond in different situation and know the name of things around her."

It works you know. It makes me happy to repeat the same thing with consistent excitement all over again. Hope this works for you too. Till then. Love your children. They are your precious belongings.

No comments:

Post a Comment